Hope everyone has enjoyed this beautiful weekend – I know I sure have. Here is an update of some happenings for this week.
- Monday is a half day for students. They will be dismissed at 12 noon.
- Due to its being postponed from the 10th, there will be a home football game against Toisnot on Monday afternoon.
- This week is Bus Safety Week. Students will be participating in activities to learn and celebrate it. Tell your bus driver you appreciate them. 🙂
- Beginning Wednesday, Oct. 23rd and going on through Friday, Nov. 1st, students will also participate in activities that observe Red Ribbon Week. Some of those days will be designated as “Dress Days” for a $1 to raise money for local drug rehab programs and shelters.
- Students will be taking a ClassScape assessment in their Language Arts class
- On Thursday, Oct. 24th, there will be a home football game against Martin Middle. Come out and support the Football Dragons!
In Language Arts, we started learning a little background information on the novel Farewell to Manzanar and some classes even started reading it. 🙂 We will be working on our Perseverance Unit for about 4 weeks. Students will be completing an in-class research project. More details will go home later.
In Social Studies classes, this week will continue our journey throughout Asian Dynasties. Students will be learning about the Ottoman Empire and the lasting achievements of Asian societies. They will be taking a Unit Test on Friday. 🙂